Monday, June 7, 2010

Long day . . .

So today was my first day of clinicals, I drove all the way to Everett and I made pretty good timing and traffic wasn't bad at all. When I was getting ready, I took out my new scrubs to put them on and realized that I had gotten the wrong size, instead of a X-small bottoms, I ended up getting a small bottoms. It may not sound like a big difference, but I'm already swimming in the X-smalls. These pants were huge on me, I had to pull them all the way up to my belly button and had the rolled up a few times (they are a petite size too), they ended up being so wide. Hopefully they will shrink in the dryer or I might have to take a sewing machine to them. With them costing so much I think I might have to start making my own, they would be much cheaper and would probably fit much better and have way cuter patterns. I'm going to look into that.

Anyways about clinicals, so today was just orientation, we filled out paper work and watched a few videos (mostly out dated and the acting was exaggerated). We were assigned our floors and did a tour and went home early. So I get to work on the oncology floor, I'm very excited, I can't wait for tomorrow.

So I get done with clinicals early, I head home and I get a phone call from my dad saying he wanted to go out to dinner. Ok, I'm up for a good meal, I figure we go get dinner and I'll be home in time for my Skype date with my husband at 9, where could we possibly go where it's going to take more than 2 hours to eat dinner, right? Well I go home and change and then pick up my dad and stepmom, we start driving and I ask so where are we going to dinner? He tells me Snoqulmie falls. What?!? (that's like 45 mins away) So we go out there for my brother's graduation dinner (he just got his masters), we don't get seated 'til about 8:30ish and then don't leave to go home 'til 10 and then I don't get home 'til 11. So much for my Skype date with James, that made me sad.

Hopefully tomorrow he will have gotten more minutes for his phone and I'll get to hear his voice. I miss him so much. Well off to bed tomorrow is going to be much longer than today.

Feeling much better now, stayed online for about an hour and a half and finally got to talk to my husband.  I feel so much better like a weight has been lifted off of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment