Friday, June 4, 2010

Operation: Love Reunited

Found this site and thought it was so amazing. Photographers from around the U.S. participate in capturing the moments of soldiers being reunited with their loved ones as they return home from deployment. This is such a great idea, all of their time and the development of the pictures are donated the families. I never thought of having an actual professional photographer there to capture such a unforgettable moment, having pictures taken was the last thing on my mind, I just want him to be home. I always loved seeing pictures of families being reunited, they always made me teary eyed just looking at them dreaming of being back in James arms.


James and I have never had any professional pictures done, we weren't engaged long enough to have engagement photos taken and we never thought about having a professional photographer at our wedding. I always hoped that when he got home we would get them taken. But I would love to photos like this taken, I think they would be so much more personal and candid. Just thinking about seeing him for the first time in such long makes me so excited and gives me butterflies.

Yesterday I got the chance to talk to him on Skype, it was the first time in three months that I got to see his face. I was speechless for a while and all I could do was smile from ear to ear, I was so happy to just see his face. It felt like a ton of bricks were lifted off of me, just seeing his face made my day and not so stressed as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment